FIP VirtuaI 2020
COVID-19: Lessons learned and changes for the future – A global showcase of experiences and reflections
FIP Programme Committee
Lars-Åke Söderlund, Apoteket AB, Sweden and Toyin Tofade, Howard University, USA
Talk show style session, with prepared questions for panelists representing the different regions to provide short responses to specific questions. Panel members nominated by member organisations representing different regions.
- Australia – Peter Fowler, President, The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Italy – Maximin Liebl, former PGEU President, Federfarma
- Spain – Sonia Ruiz Morán, Director of International Affairs, Consejo General de Colegios Oficiales de Farmacéuticos
- Sweden – Ulf Janzon, Swedish Pharmacists Association
- UK – Ravi Sharma, RPS Director of England, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- China Taiwan – Shou-Mei Wu, TFDA Director-General
- USA – Kasey Thompson, American Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- How did the profession react to the crises in your country? What are some specific ways that the profession did adjust and expand in your country/region due to the COVID-19 crises situation?
- What was the impact of changes on patients?
- hat ethical dilemmas/issues in pharmacy practice arose as a result of the pandemic? (trauma of witnessing death and dying in extraordinary numbers; caring for staff at the front line of patient care in both hospital and community pharmacy settings; justice in the face of testing/treatment/medicines shortages; discrimination/prioritising in patient care; privacy with introduction of new tracking technologies; the effects of lock down on mental health of the whole human race almost; impact on participants, which information was critical to issue advisories to the membership and which information was not available.